Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just Thought I'd Share

Pride has really been before my face recently. God has really been showing me exactly how much pride I have and how getting rid of it will be powerful for the kingdom of God.

I haven’t been writing a blog because no one reads it (except family of course. I love you all…). And I’m afraid of what I write on the blog because I don’t want to reveal too much of “me”. No offense to “me”, but who cares about me? When did it become about me? Whose team am I really on?

Ephesians 2:8, 9: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I’m not really here on this earth for what I can accomplish for me. God didn’t save me and give me his grace so that I could squander it on useless pursuits. I have been told to speak (or write), not gather an audience to hear it. And if I am willing to share, willing to give of myself, no matter the scope, maybe I can make a change in someone’s life. Isn’t that worth the laying down of my pride? To show some weakness so that others may be strengthened?

So I encourage you to lay down your pride. In the end, no one’s going to remember what you accomplished for “you”. In heaven, we’ll all be too busy focusing on God and what He did. Maybe ask yourself: when did it become about me? Whose team am I really on?

Seriously, the time is short. Have you seen what is passing for the behavior of a Christian lately? We are truly in the days when sound doctrine will not be endured. So if you are out there and you have not yet bowed the knee to the image of Baal, lay down your pride. Please, stand up and speak!

This is what God has been showing me. Just thought I would share….

1 comment:

Charli said...

I think that this is a really interesting post. I struggle with pride so much and it's been tough to make my private thoughts and worries public. But then I remember the people whose writings have strengthened and encouraged me and it gives me a bit of hope.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and reminding me that pride is an obstacle in the way of true grace.

Related Posts with Thumbnails